Thursday, September 10, 2009

ODE TO THE CRANBERRIES


I was just listening to Dreams by Fleetwood Mac on YouTube, and what do I see on the side panel of related videos but Dreams by The Cranberries.

I eagerly took a trip down memory lane...

I reminisced over Zombie, Linger, When You're Gone, the slightly more hardcore Salvation and then lastly I came across Ode To My Family. You know the one... "dooo do do do, dooo do do do..."

I don't remember ever seeing the video clip. Or maybe I did but my 12-year-old self obviously didn't appreciate how awesome it was and be able to recollect it 14 years later. And who ever knew that Dolores would bring "singer-in-a-band" envy upon me now! She is so cool in this video!

I kind of owe my determination to learn the guitar to The Cranberries. Zombie was the first song that I taught myself by ear. Em, C, G and D if my memory serves me correctly. With my cassette player blaring in the background for the lyrics and a little distortion added on my amp, it sounded just like it! I was one well-chuffed knock-kneed 12-year-old ready to start a band.

'Preface' I think we were going to be called...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xf5ZlTlrgw








No comments:

Post a Comment